Here’s what we’ve been up to!
- We’ve processed three batches of chickens. That’s 150 birds! We have 150 to go until we’re done for the year.
- We’ve sold out of three batches of chickens!
- The pigs have been processed which makes chores much quicker.
- All of the chickens are here. There are 100 in the pasture pens and 50 in the brooder.
- The pullets are starting to lay eggs, so we’re getting about 7 a day. As soon as they all start laying, we’ll be offering eggs in addition to our other products.
- We’ve been re-planting garden beds that have been harvested. Now, we’re waiting on turnips and batch round of carrots.
- We canned one batch of jalapenos, and we’re just about ready for another. We need 20 jars or so to get us through the year!
- We canned two batches of pickled beets and frequently have purple tongues. They’re so good!