Here’s what we’ve been up to!
- The 1st batch of broilers were processed, and we sold out!
- The 2nd batch of broilers were processed on Friday and are ready. If your order was in this batch, Ryan contacted you to set up a time for pickup.
- The 3rd batch is in the brooder and enjoying time outside getting ready for their move out to pasture in a week or so. The picture below is from their first days at the ranch.
- The 4th batch is coming tomorrow!
- The pullets (little layers) were just moved out to the pasture and are getting to know their new coop mates. The big layers were a little hesitant at first, but they’re starting to integrate nicely. We are eagerly awaiting the first eggs from the pullets, so we can offer farm fresh eggs in addition to the pastured poultry.
- The pigs are moving pastures frequently, and they love to root and munch on the greens. Lately, they’ve been laying around and trying to stay cool, so we make sure they have a mud wallow to roll around in. They are getting big and will be ready for processing in the next few months.
- We’ve harvested radishes, lettuce, spinach, kale, and Swiss chard. We have lots of kale, and our lettuce is amazing this year!
- We’re getting ready to build a 2nd pasture pen, so we can offer more delicious pasture raised chicken!
- Ryan got a rotisserie for his birthday, and we loved it! A link to a similar one is in the Tools of the Trade section.
Keep an eye out for more updates from Spiked M Ranch, and don’t forget to check us out on Facebook and Instagram!